What We Believe
The Mission & Values of Messiah CRC
Messiah is a Place to Belong – Reflecting the Love of Jesus as we are Growing and Serving.
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative, and infallible Word of God. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
We believe that we are all sinners and cannot be restored to fellowship with God by any power of our own. Through grace, God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to die on the cross for our sins, and Jesus rose from the dead and is now our Mediator with the Father.
We believe that God will accept all who repent of their sins and believe that the finished work of Jesus is the only basis of salvation.
We believe God provides a covenant relationship with us from generation to generation.
We believe in the unity of the body of Christ. We are each unique, with needs and abilities answering to the needs and abilities of one another. We attempt to practice God’s love, forgiveness, truth, and patience in our relationships.
- Uncompromising obedience to God and His Word
- Relational, invitational outreach
- Focused, expectant prayer
- Accepting, caring relationships interacting with dignity and respect
- Discovering, developing, and deploying our Spiritual Gifts
- Christian Education for children and adults
- Developing and empowering Servant Leaders
- Exhibiting and encouraging Biblical stewardship with our time, talents, and finances
- Encouraging active and accountable participation of all members
- Heartfelt, God-honoring worship
Why do we call ourselves Christian Reformed?
- We call ourselves Christian because we are followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He is the center of human history.
- We’re called Reformed because we grow on a branch of the church tree that emerged from the Protestant Reformation in sixteenth-century Europe.
- We’re a Church because we believe God has called us together to be a people who belong to Him and live for Him.